Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oystese / Norhamsund

2 posters

Go down

Oystese / Norhamsund Empty Oystese / Norhamsund

Post  stanabay Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 2:43

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me with information about these areas or point me in the right direction,
i have found some bunkers but i am unsure about them, i can provided pictures.
i am hoping some one can tell me history of this area in Hordaland so i can seek out and find more relics to share!!!

may thanks

Greg

stanabay

Back to top Go down

Oystese / Norhamsund Empty Øystese / Norheimsund

Post  Lars B Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 16:53

I am not sure what you are looking for, but in 1995 the book "Krigen i Kvam 1940-45" was published on Bygdejol forlag. It contains, among other interesting topics, maps of the German camps and fortifications in Øystese and Norheimsund. It is in Norwegian only.
Most of the German installations have long since been removed, but at least some of the barracs are still standing, being used for civilian purposes. You can also see some of the bunkers belonging to a German artillery battery in Strandebarm, some km out the fjord. In fact the main road passes through the battery area.

Good luck.
Lars B

Last edited by Lars B on Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 16:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change heading)

Lars B

Back to top Go down

Oystese / Norhamsund Empty Re: Oystese / Norhamsund

Post  stanabay Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 15:38

thanks i found that book and it was perfect!!!

stanabay

Back to top Go down

Oystese / Norhamsund Empty Re: Oystese / Norhamsund

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum