Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kai Holst Film

2 posters

Go down

Kai Holst Film Empty Kai Holst Film

Post  Bob Pearson Sun 31 Mar 2013 - 0:46

The following is slightly off topic, although with roots in WW2 Norway, but I thought it worthy of mention. Apologies if any offence has been caused.

Stian Trovik and Ekko Films have put together a very interesting film, which is being screened by NRK 1. Please see Norwegian message below. I have seen some of Ekko Film's work and like Gammaglimt AS, I can vouch for their attention to detail and historical accuracy.

The only downside is that i will not be able to view it in the UK

2. påskedag kl. 20:45 vises Mysteriet Holst på NRK1

Om filmen:
27.juni 1945 reiser Kai Holst, en av Norges viktigste motstandsmenn, til Stockholm. Ifølge vitner skal han ordne opp i noe, og noen kommer til å bli ”bleke” som følge av det. Et døgn senere blir han funnet død på en trappeavsats, skutt i hodet med sitt eget våpen.

Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Kai Holst Film Empty Re: Kai Holst Film

Post  Admin Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 16:54

It was actually very interesting.
Kai Holst was one of the leaders in Milorg in Sweden, where he, among other things, was responsible for locating and sending weapons to Milorg in Norway. He was probably executed outside a swedish friends apartment. The documetary could not point fingers at specific persons, as this would certainly cause havoc and legal threats, but they indicated that someone drained Milorgs swedish bank account and covering their tracks by killing people transporting the goods to Norway, etc.
I guess Stian and several others have their strong opinion on who's behind. Probably someone high up in the system, as even the police report was "doctored" and Kai Holsts file in Norway, mysteriously dissapeared. (From Hjemmefrontsmuseets archives? Probably Norway's stricktest "public" archive and closed to most people, only "approved" people have access. I did not get approval 10 years ago to research a relative, one of the leaders of Milorg D13.)
In my mind, there is only a handful of persons that could do this, but I don't feel wasting time and money in court, so I won't throw out any names.
As a side note, I was contacted years ago by a veteran claiming he discovered something crucial and terrible about a Milorg "suicide" in post war Stockholm, but he did not dare to tell the secret to anyone, as he "wanted to live a bit longer". I guess it is the same incident.
Kurt

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kai Holst Film Empty Kai Holst

Post  Bob Pearson Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 17:28

Hi Kurt,

Pleased you got to see it. NRK recorded over 617,000 viewers, which seems to me that it was well watched. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the documentary in the UK so have requested a DVD.

Ekko Films have also been working on another documentary about Norway 1940. This has been very well researched with interviews being conducted around Europe and reconstructed filming. As yet I don't know of a finish date, but will advise if I hear of any updates.

Kind regards

Bob

Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:31

Yes, this is very good ratings in Norway with 5 mill citizens!
If Ecco films keep up their good work, they will find a whole lot of interesting stuff from 1940. Many in Norway have no idea that Norway actually had destroyed their own defence in the 30's. Way too late someone fianlly realized that europe was not a peaceful place and ordered fighters and new weapons. Severeal fighters was still in their crates 9. april 1940 and the army was mobilizing by regular mail!
Kurt

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kai Holst Film Empty Kai Holst

Post  Bob Pearson Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 16:53

There were similar circumstances in the UK, although there were some visionaries such as Churchill, among others, who was warning what could happen. In Norway, one such visionary was Nicolai Rygg of Norges Bank. At least his actions pre-war and during the invasion prevented the German war machine from adding to its golden loot.

As far as I know, Ekko will be carrying on with their 1940 documentary, but as with these things it could all change depending on finance, interest and commission etc. I will keep NUAV updated if I hear of any developments.

Mvh

Bob
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 20:03

Great, Bob!
Many thanks for your kind contributions to our forum!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down