Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alf Fridtof Kristiansen

Go down

Alf Fridtof Kristiansen Empty Alf Fridtof Kristiansen

Post  Bob Pearson Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:23

Does anyone know anything about Alf Kristiansen? He was born January 6, 1913. He was killed by firing squad on 7 September 1942 at Trandum, according to Våre Falne. Alf was a Norwegian railway worker from Drammen.

According to the internet he was a member of Oswald group , which from 1941 was led sailor Asbjørn Sunde. Kristiansen's alias was "Dagfinn".
Kristiansen was with the group from the late summer of 1941 , and participated in the destruction of the Central Station in February 1942 . Later, he and Sunde sabotaged the state police headquarters in Henrik Ibsen's gate 7 in Oslo on 21 August 1942.

Its possible that Kristiansen was recalled to the UK on 14th August 1942 from Stockholm, but was back in Norway seven days later. My first thoughts are that he must have been parachuted in as boat and sub would have taken too long. However, there is the other option that he was taken back to Stockholm and then made his way to Oslo. If anyone can add to this I would be pleased to hear from them.

Cheers

Bob

Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Alf Fridtof Kristiansen Empty Alf Kristiansen

Post  Bob Pearson Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 12:35

Further to my earlier mail: it's possible that there could be two Alf Kristiansens, just to add to the confusion.

1. There is an Alf Fridtjof Kristiansen listed in the National Archives as being born 07.02.1909. This man was at Bromma and flew to the UK and landed at Leuchars on 15 August 1942. His address was given as the Norske Legasjon, London.

Alf 'Dagfinn' Kristiansen - born 6th January 1913, died 7th September 1942. Alf may well have been involved in events during April 1940 and was certainly involved later with Asbjørn Sunde. It is events in 1940 that I am very much interested in.

I have checked out all other Kristiansens listed in the TNA at Kew and none of them match up with 'Dagfinn's' birthdate. In fact only two of the seven listed are open and that includes Alf F K.

Finally, I have come across this scenario before where false birth dates are given so it could be that the two men are in fact one person. However, if anyone knows different then I would welcome their input. Hopefully, I will know a little more once I can view the TNA file.

Mvh

Bob

Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum