Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE

4 posters

Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE

Post  Peter R Jensen Mon 5 Apr 2010 - 11:14

I am working on a book about the development of wireless, radio, during the wars of the 20th century. I am particularly interested to discover what apparatus was used in the attack on the Norsk Hydro, heavy water factory at Ryukan. Any information would be of great assistance. Although I have a good deal of information on what radios may have been available from the SOE resources, I have so far found no reference to the particular radio used in Telemark.

I am also interested to discover what the American radio transmitter receiver was used by Reed-Olsen in the Kristiansand area towards the end of WW2. I know that he used a Paraset (in a wooden box hidden in a small suitcase) a one time but I believe this must have been his first radio taken with him in 1943. Again any information would be very helpful.

Peter Rolf Jensen

Peter R Jensen

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty Re: Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE

Post  sampaguita Thu 8 Apr 2010 - 23:01

Det var flott! Jeg er alltid en fetish av verdens historie. Bare la meg vite når du er ferdig gjør boken. Smile

sampaguita

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty ?

Post  Peter R Jensen Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 11:05

??

Peter R Jensen

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty Radio used by Knut Haugland

Post  Willem Mugge Wed 5 May 2010 - 13:26

Was a so called B2, developed by SOE's John Brown and build by Marconi.
What kind of further information do you need?
Drop me an email at w.mugge@home.nl maybe I can help.

Willem Mugge

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty B2 Radio

Post  Bob Pearson Wed 5 May 2010 - 15:26

If you have not already contacted Duxford then I heartily recommend the following:

http://www.duxfordradiosociety.org/restoration/equip/b2/b2.html

Bob
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty Response re Grouse and Gunnerside

Post  Peter R Jensen Thu 6 May 2010 - 3:25

Thanks for the responses. As suggested, I will contact Willem direct. To Bob, the Duxford IWM looks particularly interesting. I knew it existed but the range of material there has now been revealed by going to its website. Many thanks for the tip.

With kind regards,

Peter R Jensen

Peter R Jensen

Back to top Go down

Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE Empty Re: Radio type used on the Norsk Hydro raid by SOE

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down