Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  ulrich Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 21:35

Hello,
Björn has ask me to indroduce myself with more information in this forum.

I understand it is important for you to classificate the members of the forum. I am very critical about classification and the anonymus world-wide-web but I understand the need for your forum.

Therfore this is my story:
I was born in Germany and I live in the Netherlands for more then 30 jears. For several years I am busy with geanogical research and I am writing down everything the members of my familie told to me.

One item is the story of an aunt, it go’s about his time in Norway in the 2. world war.
Therefore I know some things around the time in North-Norway and therefore a am interested, it’s a personal matter of myself.

The dates of him you see below. In the furture I think I wil have some questions about the places the commands or actions, so you can place my questions in the right way I hope.

Regards from
Ulrich

Militärdienst:
Ca. 1941 Flakgeschützführer auf einem Transporter (von Ahus nach Oslo)
Mei 1942 Torfinsel, Insel Meestersand (Kelmö) im Varangerfjord vor Kirkenes, 4. Geschütz, 4./MAA517. (Das war sein Standplatz)
Rauøy:
September 1942 Lehrgang auf der Insel Rauøy bei Fredrikstad im Oslofjord 2./MAA501
Fischerhalshalbinsel:
Artillerielehrgang in Liinahamari dann nach Kap Romanov. MAA513 Bttr. Petsamo und 1. - 3./Marine-Sonderkommando
Mestersand:
Frühjahr 1943 Mestersand 4./MAA517
Februar 1943? Lehrgang auf der Insel Rauøy bei Fredriksstad im Oslofjord
Fischerhalshalbinsel:
März 1943 MAA 522? Fischerhalshalbinsel (Rowanjemmie, Petsamo, Kap Romanov) Kap Romanov, 1./MAA517
Zurück nach Mestersand
1944? in Norwegen zur Nahkampfausbildung
Mestersand, 4./MAA517
01.03. 1944 Unteroffiziersschule in Stralsund 3. MLA? (Feldwebel)
Ekkerøy:
Herbst 1944 Peilstand und Beobachtungsstand Ekkerøy am Ausgang des Varangerfjords??
Tromsö:
Ende 1944 Rückzug
Oslo:
Rückzug zur Marine Ersatz Abteilung in Oslo
Dänemark:
Januar oder Februar 1945; Batterie Ebbelykke 7,5 Pak, Nyköping auf Seeland, 3./MAA 522
Lunden:
1945 Gefangenenlager Lunden bei Heide

In the meantime a lot of trainings in Norway and Germany.

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  Bjørn Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 20:07

Hello Ulrich!

Thanks for the introduction!
We are most glad for all questions asked, and Admin and I are satisfied that you get some replies!

I also hope you are satisfied with the feedback you recieve!

But it must be said, and that is my task as moderator:

- please give your acknowledge that you actually got and understood the answers.
- It is indeed polite to thank for the replies you get, instead of not noticing.
- make all questions as concrete as you can, and I believe you do so, then again each answer only create numerous more questions.

I clearly see that it might be the English language that create this situations, as some posters have started posting in Norwegian instead. As a Dutch, you surely are able to read Norwegian - if you know English and German - the same wise I am able to read Dutch.

I hope I do not sound angry, because I am not that at all. Please pay attention and give thanks for the questions you get a reply on, otherwise some might feel that they do a lot of work without any credit.

And for all others participating; simmer down.

Best wishes,
Bjørn

Bjørn

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 22:55

Hello Bjoern,
Thanks for your reaction. I can't write more now because I have little time.
Cheers from Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum