Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are

4 posters

Go down

Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are Empty Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are

Post  Black Hornet Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 21:51

Loads of snow here. Stay warm, happy holidays.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are Empty Re: Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are

Post  AltforNorge Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 21:58

Merry Christmas to all my NUAV friends too! santa
AltforNorge
AltforNorge

Back to top Go down

Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are Empty Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Post  Bob Pearson Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 22:29

Christmas greetings from England, too!

Many thanks to those who have contributed to the projects I have been involved with - it really is hugely appreciated and without their significant input very little would have been achieved. I am very much indebted to you all.

Finally, Merry Christmas to all and many best wishes for the New Year.

God jul og Godt Nytt År!

Med vennlig hilsen,

Bob - Ipswich, England santa
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are Empty Re: Merry X-mas from Utah to wherever you are

Post  Admin Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 0:05

Warm Christmas greetings from the Nuav team in Bergen and Bodø. In Bergen it is -6 degrees celsius, 10 cm snow and quiet. It should definately be a white Christmas this year!

(It was the night before the night before Christmas....... Very Happy As a reminder to our readers not living in scandinavia; in Norway we open our gifts in the evening at 24. december. You poor englishmen/american have to wait many more hours! Very Happy )

Cheers,
Kurt and Bjørn

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 5:15

We also open presents on Dec 24 evening, but then my family is Norwegian descent. We save 1 for next morning also.
It was 5 degrees in Dillon Montana last week. I slept in the car if you can believe that.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Dec 2010 - 1:39

Why in the world did you sleep in your car?
Just another question; European toy and chocolate calendars for children have 24 lids, do american calendars have 25 lids (doors)?

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AltforNorge Fri 24 Dec 2010 - 2:39

Admin wrote:Why in the world did you sleep in your car?
Just another question; European toy and chocolate calendars for children have 24 lids, do american calendars have 25 lids (doors)?

A most ingeniuous question!

Why does European toy and chocolate calendars have 24 lids when we opens our presents the 24th?
AltforNorge
AltforNorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 6:23

25 chocolate doors for each day. Car? hotels are ridiculously overpriced in certain areas, plus it's very easy to get a shower in a truck stop for 7 to 10 dollars. It's a jeep currently & often I use a Van.

I nearly didn't make it home, the freeway in Wyoming was loaded with black ice & snow. I bought a plug-in heater & it melted some wires which caused my wipers to quit working. I had to go 25-35 mph for many hours. I did get through & the next day the freeway closed because a semi truck tipped over & spilled chemicals all over the freeway. A close one.

X-mas was good, how bout for the rest of you?

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 7:33

P.S. here is my X-mas present to the Norskies here. Thrand debunks the Viking vs Samurai Deadliest Warrior show. Dunno if it airs in Norway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpu2NRg-HEg

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down