Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bjarne Anton Waatvik

3 posters

Go down

Bjarne Anton Waatvik Empty Bjarne Anton Waatvik

Post  TomJonas Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 21:16

Vet något mer om denne man?
Han var en av ledarna för den Stay Behind organisation som SOE organiserade i Sverige och som fanns till 1943. Därefter vistades han troligen i London. Han kan ha varit leir sjef i 1945 på Etterstad/ Vålerenga/ Oslo.

TomJonas

Back to top Go down

Bjarne Anton Waatvik Empty Bjarne Anton Waatvik

Post  Bob Pearson Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 12:18

Hi Tom,

I suppose you may have already checked, but there's nothing in the TNA under that name. Having been sent to London there would have been a file on him. Maybe this was lost in the so-called 'accidental fire' after the war when files were lost in the ensuing blaze.

I tried corruptions of his name removing one 'a' and also experimenting with a 'v' instead of a 'w', but without success.

The people who would have known Bjarne Anton Waatvik usch as Deham, Tennant, Croft, and Bright-Astley are no longer with us - researching is certainly becoming more protracted and difficult.

I will keep a log of the name and if anything comes up I will let you know.

Kind regards

Bob
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Bjarne Anton Waatvik Empty Re: Bjarne Anton Waatvik

Post  Bjørn Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 14:44

Hello!
There was a Bjarne Anton Waatvik, who died in Oslo 06.03.2008. Born 02.07.1918. Could have been the same man? http://www.domstol.no/upload/OBYF/Internett/Dødsfall%20arv/Anmeldte%20dødsfall/2008/01032008%20-%2031032008.htm

B

Bjørn

Back to top Go down

Post  TomJonas Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 11:04

Yes, it must have been him. We have contact with his sons, but I was curious to see if anything has been written about him. I have not seen his name in any of the books I have.

TomJonas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down