Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn.

+3
Bob Pearson
kaii
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn.

Post  Admin Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 19:27

I was allowed to put online the following cut-out from Bjørns facebook account:

"Dear friends of Bjorn the following is written in understanding with Bjørn himself.
He has gotten cancer in stomack, and it has spread to the liver and lymphoids.He is being very well taken care of at the hospital, and his spirit is good, but he is also feeling fatigue at times; it is a very serious diagnosis.
This causes that it´s not always suitable for him to answer SMSs and phonecalls. He is not on Internet at the time being, neither Facebook nor e-mail."

We hope Bjørn will respond well to the chemotherapy he's on. I will come back with more information as soon as I know more.
Kurt Monsen
Webmaster

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Re: Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn.

Post  RandJS Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 13:29

Dear NUAV Forum,

Sad to hear this news. Bjorn has always provided detailed responses to my questions on this forum. We well keep Bjorn in our thoughts and prayers, so that he will be make a full recovery and be able to rejoin the discussions here and on other forums. Be strong.

Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Re: Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn.

Post  kaii Sat 22 Mar 2014 - 4:48

Very sad news indeed. Get well soon Bjørn and all the best!

Kai

kaii

Back to top Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Bjorn

Post  Bob Pearson Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 15:45

Dear Bjorn, sending you greetings and well wishes from England.

Kind regards,

Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Post  Opaque Hornet Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 23:17

Get well from Burbank.

Opaque Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  norwaynut Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 14:37

I only just read this as have not logged on for a long while. I hope you are recovering Bjorn . Best wishes.

norwaynut

Back to top Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Bjørn passed away today

Post  Jon Hveding Thu 28 Aug 2014 - 0:40

I am sorry to say, my good friend Bjørn passed away this evening. I am not able to write much, but he will be deeply missed.
Jon Hveding

Jon Hveding

Back to top Go down

Sad information about our moderator, Bjørn. Empty Sad information about our moderator, Bjorn

Post  RandJS Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 3:33

All,

In December 2002, I purchased the first home computer for my young family. After my daughters and wife had time to check it out, I thought "what should I look up?" Festung Norwegian was one of my first searches (12/30/2002). Led me here to this website. I lurked on the forum for about a year, then joined in the discussions. Bjorn was always willing to share his vast knowledge of Norway during WWII and answered many of my questions (responses of 10 pages length were not uncommon!). Though I never met him, we had many good discussions and laughs. He will be missed.

Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down