Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why...?

4 posters

Go down

Why...? Empty Why...?

Post  Mathieu Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 20:22

So now and than I visit this forum, but unfortunately it is very quiet over here. Has anyone a clue why? Are people no longer interested? Or did I mis something and did they move to a Facebook page?

Hilsen,

Mathieu.

Mathieu

http://fokker-g1.nl

Back to top Go down

Why...? Empty Re: Why...?

Post  RandJS Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 15:34

Mathieu,

I don't want to speak out of turn, but as no one has responded, I will give my personal opinion. One moderator had some health issues, and another passed away 2 years ago. This was quite a shock to me, and the forum seems to have quieted substantially since then. While I never met Bjorn, I considered him a friend and will miss his responses to my posts (especially at the old forum), his vast knowledge of the subject matter, willingness to share and his sense of humor

Kind regards and best wishes to all at Nuav.net

Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathieu Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 13:45

Hi Rand,

Thanks for your reply. Sad to see how it goes, Norway during ww2 is a very interesting subject that does not get the recognition that it deserve.
There ary many interesting topic on this forum which I read with great pleasure, lets hope some people will become active again to save this forum.

Hilsen,

Mathieu.

Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post  RandJS Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 21:02

Someone just needs to post an interesting question. I am sure the Norwegian experts are lurking out there, and always willing to help!

Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year to all on NUAV!

Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 14:23

Mathieu wrote:So now and than I visit this forum, but unfortunately it is very quiet over here. Has anyone a clue why? Are people no longer interested? Or did I mis something and did they move to a Facebook page?
Forums of all kinds and shapes are dying in the onslaught by Facebook and the smartphone. The first stops people thinking, the latter from writing. This phenomenon is not at all peculiar to this forum, nor do I believe there are many experts lurking around waiting for an interesting topic. Take a look at the members list and the time the member's last visit. I think it is sad.

Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post  RandJS Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 4:05

Hi Glenn,

I agree with your comments. However; I have to believe there are Norwegian Experts out there waiting to offer their help if a topic comes forward. While I am not a Norwegian Expert, and I do not visit this forum as often as I used to, I feel they would respond if someone posted an interesting topic. Unfortunately, the forum activity decrease seemed to coincide with the move to the new forum.

Kind Regards,
Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathieu Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 20:10

Glenn wrote:
Forums of all kinds and shapes are dying in the onslaught by Facebook and the smartphone. The first stops people thinking, the latter from writing. This phenomenon is not at all peculiar to this forum, nor do I believe there are many experts lurking around waiting for an interesting topic. Take a look at the members list and the time the member's last visit. I think it is sad.

You are right Glenn, I've seen many forums disappear during the years, but most of the time there are alternatives. In case of this forum I've not found such an alternative. I don't like Facebook and will refuse to use it! Unfortunately I am not a nuav expert eihter, but I am very interested to read the history of Norway during the was. When I was younger I worked a lot in Norway close to the fortifications around the Trondheim fjord, very interesting!
I've sent an e-mail to Kurt, but no reply so far. Does anyone knows who is actually in charge of the site?

Hilsen,

Mathieu.

Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post  RandJS Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 4:11

Perhaps Simon O.?

simon@nuav.net

Cheers,
Rand

RandJS

Back to top Go down

Why...? Empty NUAV

Post  kaii Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 21:17

I think you are right that the site died down after Bjørn passed away and Kurt developed some health issues.

I would love to get the site going again somehow, I remember with fondness the discussions we used to have 2-3 years ago and would love for that to return.

I'd be happy to purchase a subscription or donate money if that is needed.

Cheers
Kai

kaii

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathieu Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 19:40

Hi Kai,

Just like you, I hope that someone is able to reanimate this forum. I've sent a few e-mail, but unfortunately no reply. I manedged to contact Pearson via Facebook but he did not know either who to contact.

Best regards,

Mathieu.

Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum