Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British liaison teams on Norwegian warships

Go down

British liaison teams on Norwegian warships Empty British liaison teams on Norwegian warships

Post  Mark C. Jones Mon 22 Dec 2008 - 13:15

I am researching the British Royal Navy's practice of placing liaison teams aboard Allied warships during World War II. Each liaison team included a single junior officer, usually a Sub-Lieutenant or Lieutenant of the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve, and between 2-12 enlisted communications ratings depending on ship type. The officer was known as a British Naval Liaison Officer or BNLO.

I am seeking help from those who read Norwegian to identify any books or articles in that language which mention the presence of RN liaison personnel aboard a Royal Norwegian Navy ship 1940-46. I think it possible that two types of books might contain this information: memoirs of an individual officer or sailor; books about a specific ship that describes that ship's wartime career.

If anyone can help me identify the book/article and page number(s) where such information might be found, I would be very appreciative. Should someone on this forum know of a RNoN veteran who is still alive, and would be willing to tell me about the liaison team on his ship, that would also be very useful. I can be reached by e-mail at:

jones DOT mark DOT c AT gmail DOT com

Cheers,

Mark C. Jones

Mark C. Jones

Back to top Go down