Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was 70 years ago today....

2 posters

Go down

It was 70 years ago today.... Empty It was 70 years ago today....

Post  Admin Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 22:57

The Germans invaded Norway 9. april 1940 and occupied us for almost 5 long years.
The time passes by so fast, it felt like months ago, I prepared a small article about the 60 years anniversary in year 2000! I am glad to see that the interest for ww2 has increased and each year the publishers present small heaps of great ww2 books and still new information from archives around the world seem to appear.
I think we have to offer some thoughts to the many people that lost their lives so that we could still be free. Also think of the soldiers on all sides who lost their lives, most of them was ordered out to fight for their country and ended their lives at its prime.
Kurt

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It was 70 years ago today.... Empty Forgotten? Not forgotten?

Post  jloakley Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 6:16

Funny, but I looked all over our newspaper, but found nothing about the 70th anniversary. But I didn't forget. All the best.

jloakley

Back to top Go down

It was 70 years ago today.... Empty Re: It was 70 years ago today....

Post  Admin Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 16:49

Well, it really depend if you live in Norway or not. I guess the foreign newspapers do not care about when the war started for Norway. In Poland it started 1. september 1939 and France+England declared war a couple of days later. USA did not join the war officially before 1941. So the 70th anniversary was for Poland, Engalnd and France in 2009, Be-ne-lux, Denmark and Norway in 2010 and next year the USA will join us. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://nuav.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It was 70 years ago today.... Empty Re: It was 70 years ago today....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down