Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway

4 posters

Go down

Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway Empty Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway

Post  Black Hornet Mon 29 Nov 2010 - 0:47

Can anyone substantiate these data?

German troops immediately occupied the nickel-producing Petsamo area in the north (and managed to ship 70,000 tons of nickel to Germany in 1941).

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/finland/finlandmain.shtml

One third of all German tanks were made of Petsamo-nickel.

http://www.ottar.net/a_english/an_anecdotes/an03_secondworldwarstory.htm

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway Empty Re: Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 3:59

One third of all German tanks were made of Petsamo-nickel

Tanks aren't made of nickel.

The steel that tanks are made of contains nickel as an alloying metal....

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway Empty Re: Petsamo Nickel, well its close to Norway

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 6:17

Er, yes we know. Not the best wording perhaps, but it wasn't meant that the entire tank was made of Nickel.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 13:59

Then be more careful of your wording...

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 19:01

Not my wording. Be more careful of your vents.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 19:07

No chance, you're the one made the ambiguous post...

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 19:11

No chance, it was not written by I. Your personal attack is lame.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 19:26

You're claiming YOU didn't post up

One third of all German tanks were made of Petsamo-nickel.

It doesn't matter if you copied it from a source - if you supposedly knew better as you claim, why post it up at all? Razz

I believe you've been advised before to check the content of your sources...

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:04

You were already given a patient explanation above,( post # 3), apparrently that wasn't good enough. You feel a compulsion to continue with this unproductive attack which serves no purpose than to highlite your scat persona.

As an asides, it said made of, nowhere did it state "exclusively made from", or "limited to" said Nickel, therefore your initial attack is grammatical bs anyways.

Now grow up & learn how to behave in a chatroom, & of you insist on pressing meaningless attacks, be sure to check the veracity & accurrateness of said attacks before wasting board space on them.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:10

Now grow up & learn how to behave in a chatroom

Laughing Laughing Laughing O I know how to behave on a forum, after all, I run one and have run others Wink

Not had a good think about my username yet? Twisted Evil

P.S. if you're claiming now that the quote from from an outside source - how come when I click on the weblink provided the source is "not found"? We can't see if you've copied it verbatim without thinking about it, or not.

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:15

Links run out over time. Thanks for sharing negative innuendo. Doesn't matter if you run one, you've still proven here conclusively you don't know how to behave in one.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:25

In less than a year?

Pity, because then we can't check your subsequent claim that you were only copying what it said there, can we? Wink

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:29

Came from a discussion in WW2 forums from 2005. Thats longer than a year. Why the fascination with it?

Here you go, only copied what it said there. Slotted yet again. Give it up mate, yer never gonna win it.
http://www.ww2f.com/western-europe/13468-petsamo-germans-get-any-nickel.html

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:36

Because if this statement, of course...

No chance, it was not written by I

Here you go, only copied what it said there. Slotted yet again

So you posted up a weblink without checking it worked??? Shocked

Tut. And you have the nerve to say "learn how to behave in a chatroom"? Laughing

Give it up mate, yer never gonna win it

I already have - twice. I showed you the road elsewhere and you went along it Wink

(maybe that should have been ThirdFront....)

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:22

Nope, lost it thrice now, bs grammatical argument, inferred I wrote it, didn't. & again continue with this unacademic-unproductive, & unrelated to the subject material rant, which again conclusively proves you don't know how to behave in a chatroom. & have no regard for the rules or the other members of said chatroom. You slot yourself.

You're obviously still sore about long lost Iceland & Narvik debates of the past & this is the motivating fatctor for this silly rant of yours. Which again shows your inability to grow & learn & move on with life.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:37

Oh an appeal to the Rules, eh?

Please make an effort to post clear, concise, meaningful and well though out messages.

In other words - post #1 of this thread was NOT clear, as it contained material from offsite (ww2f) without a direct link to that site, instead it appeared to be the OP's own opinion.

Posts that are offensive or in poor taste and do not add value of discussion will be removed.

We can look forward to YOUR "scat personality" comment being removed then?

You're obviously still sore about long lost Iceland & Narvik debates of the past

lol! Why would I be sore about debates where I and others wiped the floor with you? Which I'll be providing links to the moment I can externally link here, to let other members judge for themselves Wink I'm sure they'll enjoy...

I'm sure they'll particularly enjoy reading threads where material you've posted up here had already been countered, disproved or proven to be totally unfounded supposition and opinion BEFORE you chose to post it again here for them to read Twisted Evil

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:05

Fantasies are great Chode-king, & its nice that you enjoy em, but really leave at home it's embarrasing.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:50

Oh dear - two adhominems in one thread? Razz

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:08

Oh dear, 5 irreverant insult posts in one thread? Only 1 page no less, will blunders never cease?

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:48

Irreverent post, yes....insults? Not one from me, I leave that to you - for if anyone is going to get their posts deleted due to adhominem attacks and insults, I think I prfer it to be you Razz

So keep them up, get yourself banned from another forum... Rolling Eyes

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 1:02

Nope that's your specialty. You can here spoiling for a fight, you got it, lost it as usual. End of story.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 1:10

You can here spoiling for a fight, you got it, lost it as usual. End of story

And exactly who was reduced in a thread page to adhominem attacks? Laughing Laughing Laughing

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 1:47

You were reduced in this & every other thread. That is the exactly who.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 1:55

Checks again....nope, no adhominems from me! I leave that to you.

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 2:13

Right, just irreverant personal attacks that have no bearing on sunject material. Which was where you started this & how you lost it before it began.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 2:16

Actually, no - where I started this was noting that the comment you posted up about tanks being made of nickel was worng...THEN I noted that the link you used was out of date...THEN I noted that you''d posted up something that YOU SAID you knew was wrong.

So if you knew it was wrong - why post it???

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 2:40

& you're original point regarding Nickel was corrected, prior to that a patient polite explanation was given you,( see post#3), from there you went on a personal attack tear that continues ad nasuem.

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 2:52

Yes, post #3...

but it wasn't meant that the entire tank was made of Nickel..

So if it wasn't meant - why post it up at all? You still haven't explained WHY you posted up such an obviously incorrect statement.

You tried to dismiss it as hey, someone else posted it somewhere else - but that doesn't explain why YOU RE-posted it if you knew it was wrong.

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 3:23

Again the statement isn't incorrect, only your misintrepretation of it. Which has previously been corrected.

What wasn't meant was your incorrect interpretation. Again, you were given a polite explanation. Why was this not sufficient?, & why does it need endless repeats for you?

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  SecondFront Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 3:25

Again the statement isn't incorrect, only your misintrepretation of it.

I'm interested in WHY you posted it up at all, if it was both misleading (as you've admitted) and incorrect. Or were you simply at your old trick of posting up everything you can think of on a particular subject, irrelevant/accurate or not?

SecondFront

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Hornet Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 7:02

Um, again not incorrect as has been patiently explained to you "several times" now, just not the best wording. Have you nothing better to do than regurgitate the same old repeated semantic circular nowhere argumentation? The point of which is nothing?

Why did I post it, ok, one time only... I posted it as it is an interesting subject, that being Petsamo Nickel & how much the germans got & what percentage it played in Tiger tank production & other war making apparatus. Plain & simple. This being a Scandinavian chatroom I figured there might be more indepth info on it. Got it?

Black Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post  kaii Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 19:24

Guys. 30 posts with petty squabbling about wording and who said what.
Clearly you have run into each other at other fora before. I suggest you take the fighting there, and leave NUAV for factual discussions.

Just my opinion of course.

Kaii

kaii

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjørn Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 13:13

Hello!

An interesting thread indeed, but I double kaiis words.

B.

Bjørn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down