Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944

2 posters

Go down

Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944 Empty Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944

Post  ulrich Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 22:24

Hello,
I am loking for information about the “Parkkaffee” in Tromsö about christmas 1944. The building was situated nearby a sportingplace and a smal forest nearby the center of Tromsö. Maybee someone has an old map of Tromsö to scan in for for me. Smile
Thanks for your help from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944 Empty Re: Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944

Post  Terje S Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 20:49

ulrich wrote:Hello,
I am loking for information about the “Parkkaffee” in Tromsö about christmas 1944. The building was situated nearby a sportingplace and a smal forest nearby the center of Tromsö. Maybee someone has an old map of Tromsö to scan in for for me. Smile
Thanks for your help from
Ulrich

Med henvisning til tråden "Norske bank i Tromsø" og situasjonen som er oppstått der,velger jeg fortsatt å rett og slett svare på norsk sånn at i det minste andre interesserte kan få et svar på dette.
99,9% sikkert så spør trådstarter etter gamle Alfheim, som under krigen var en kafe (i dag er det svømmehall på den samme tomten,ved samme navn,som ligger 50 meter fra Alfheim stadion) Adressen er Alfheimveien 23. Rett på nedsiden av nåværende svømmehall (daværende kafe) hadde tyskerene såfall 6 kaserner (jeg er født i den ene av dem, og 4 står der den dag i dag) Området heter Haugenstykket,men gateadressen nå til dag er Jonas Liesgate. se link:
http://www.gulesider.no/kart/map.c?id=a_939968&q=jonas+liesgate+50+troms%F8

Nå gjenstående kaserner er nr 31, 33, 34, 36 ( i nr. 31 er dagens røde kors, i 33 er det rockefabrikk og brannmuseum, i 34 hadde sykehuset trykkeri men det er tomt nå, og i 36 hadde inntil ganske nylig Hells Angels tromsøavdelingen sin)

Det store åpne feltet som ligger med et nummer 17 på seg, var en eksersisplass for tyskerene (Strimmelen). Bestefaren til min kone bodde i Jonas Liesgate nr 23, og festet faktisk til levende film (tatt fra loftsvinduet) en episode der tyske soldater var oppstillt. Den filmen har min svigerfar i sitt eie idag....

Terje S

Back to top Go down

Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944 Empty Re: Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944

Post  ulrich Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 23:01

Hello Terje,
I have read your message with very little understanding. I need more time for a reaction because I am very busy now (too mutch work).
Thanks from Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Parkkaffee in Tromsö christmas 1944 Empty Parkkaffee Tromso

Post  ulrich Thu 8 May 2008 - 23:13

Hello Terje, hello Simon,
I have checkt your Information.
The location of the School was the Latinskolen in the Storgata corner Fredrik Langs Gate.
The location of the Norske Bank in the Bankgata corner Storgata is also ok.

The location of the sportingground and the Parkkaffee is not correct.
The sportingground is maybee is situated at Grensevegen. It was full of munition, 2 til 3 meters high.
The parkkaffee must be in the neighbourhood of Skoasvegen near by Storskogen.

I will describe the way and the building.
From the old harbor to the Parkkaffee (it was about 2,5 km), you are climbing. Half the way there was on the rigth below the playingground. On the end of Tromsö on an inclination there was the Parkkaffee. It was built from wood and has had a curb-roof.
It had 3 floors, the basement, the earth-level and the roof-level.
The main entrance (from the street) is the same level as the earth-level. The level of the basement on the oposite side also was the same level as the ground-level.
Opposite the main-entrance (earth-level) is a big half-round room (12 to 15 tabels with 4 chairs) with windows and a terras, it is the side of the harbour.
In the roof-level there are chambers.

I hope this could help.

Regards from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Terje S Fri 9 May 2008 - 22:37

ulrich wrote:Hello Terje, hello Simon,
I have checkt your Information.
The location of the School was the Latinskolen in the Storgata corner Fredrik Langs Gate.
The location of the Norske Bank in the Bankgata corner Storgata is also ok.

The location of the sportingground and the Parkkaffee is not correct.
The sportingground is maybee is situated at Grensevegen. It was full of munition, 2 til 3 meters high.
The parkkaffee must be in the neighbourhood of Skoasvegen near by Storskogen.

I will describe the way and the building.
From the old harbor to the Parkkaffee (it was about 2,5 km), you are climbing. Half the way there was on the rigth below the playingground. On the end of Tromsö on an inclination there was the Parkkaffee. It was built from wood and has had a curb-roof.
It had 3 floors, the basement, the earth-level and the roof-level.
The main entrance (from the street) is the same level as the earth-level. The level of the basement on the oposite side also was the same level as the ground-level.
Opposite the main-entrance (earth-level) is a big half-round room (12 to 15 tabels with 4 chairs) with windows and a terras, it is the side of the harbour.
In the roof-level there are chambers.

I hope this could help.

Regards from
Ulrich

Excuse my bad english, but i hope Simon Orchard will see this and try to explain this better for you, since english is his native language.
I've just talked to my father in law and asked him about this question. He told me that the "parkkafe" you are looking for had to be at the end of Mellomveien (the southernmost part of Tromsø island). The "Sydspissen prisoncamp" is located a few hundred meters from the "Parkkafe", with a sportingground (footballarea). There is a big forrest nearby (Folkeparken), there is sea nearby also.
I see that you mention Skogaasveien and Grenseveien also. This roads is located nearby the old "Idrettsplassen" ( Todays name is "Valhall stadion) But my father in law cant remember any cafe on that location.
Hope this will help you out some more....
Regards
Terje S

Terje S

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Sat 17 May 2008 - 11:07

Hello Terje,
I think your english is mutch more better than mine. Thanks very mutch for your research. Maybe my information is wrong, maybe not.

I wil try it again:
From the harbour it is a distance of 2,5 km to the cafe, half the way there was a sportingground. I think that is ok.

The Sportkaffee not necesary was a cafe. Maybe it was a hotel, a pension, a restaurant or a icecream-cafe. There was a big modern kitchen and the groundfloor has had a electric-heatingsystem.
Maybe it helps.

Regards from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down