Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944

4 posters

Go down

Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944 Empty Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944

Post  ulrich Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 21:41

Hello,
I am looking for information about the Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944. Maybe it was the adress of the “Einsatzkommando” of the german marines.
Doe you know more about it and maybe you have foto’s from the building?

Thanks and greetings from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944 Empty Re: Norske Bank in Tromsö in Dec. 1944

Post  Simon Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:29

Well the building behind the bank was Gestapo headquarters

Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 17:37

Hello Simon,
Thanks for your answer. It is very interesting that the Gestapo was behind the bank. I have checkt my information in the Norske Bank has been the “Auflösungskommando of the Marine.
The street from the old habor to the old town to the rigth, it was nearby, there must be a school. Maybee the owner was a sportingclub.
Can you tell me the name of the street and number from the Norske Bank and the school. Behind the school has been a house for the “schoolwaiter”. Maybe I can find it on Internet or much better can you send me a plan of Tromsö with the locations? I wil give you my e-mailadres via PM.

Doe you know someone in Tromsö I can ask that have foto’s from the buildings?

Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Terje S Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 0:29

ulrich wrote:Hello Simon,
Thanks for your answer. It is very interesting that the Gestapo was behind the bank. I have checkt my information in the Norske Bank has been the “Auflösungskommando of the Marine.
The street from the old habor to the old town to the rigth, it was nearby, there must be a school. Maybee the owner was a sportingclub.
Can you tell me the name of the street and number from the Norske Bank and the school. Behind the school has been a house for the “schoolwaiter”. Maybe I can find it on Internet or much better can you send me a plan of Tromsö with the locations? I wil give you my e-mailadres via PM.

Doe you know someone in Tromsö I can ask that have foto’s from the buildings?

Ulrich
Hello Ulrich.
Check the link, the headquarter og Gestapo was in Bankgata 13 (red pinned)
http://www.gulesider.no/kart/map.c?q=bankgata+troms%F8&imgt=MAP&id=a_937995

And the street i presume you are talking about have to be Fredrik Langes gate. It starts down in the harbor,and end up in a park named "Kongeparken". Until 1978 there was an big building there, but sadly it burned in a big fire. It was known as "Latinskolen" (Latinschool).

In Parkgata 17/19 was the gymnastic hall (Turnhallen), maybe thats the sporting club you writing about? But that building is no longer exist..
Check red pin:
http://www.gulesider.no/kart/map.c?id=a_941153&q=parkgata+19+troms%F8

Hope this could help you out a little bit more.

Terje S

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 21:34

Hello Simon,
Thanks for your information. I have to check it. I wil come back about 2 month with new knowlege I hope.
Because of your information I have a basic now. I am not sure about the locations but I think it is in the neibourhood and that is most importend.

Do you know the exact location of the old pier (I translate it as old harbor).

The location of the Norske Bank is not clear to me.

Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Terje S Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 23:45

ulrich wrote: I am not sure about the locations but I think it is in the neibourhood and that is most importend.

The location of the Norske Bank is not clear to me.

Ulrich
I have located Norges Bank, the Gestapo office AND the gymhall for you... please check my links in a earlier post....

-Terje S-

Terje S

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Hveding Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 13:43

ulrich wrote:Do you know the exact location of the old pier (I translate it as old harbor).
I guess what you mean is "sjeteen", or "the jetty".
I'm not living in Tromsø, and these days I rearly visit the town, but from my younger days a hundred years or so ago, Laughing I remember a pier going out near Mack bryggeri. Am I right or have I totally lost it, tromsøværinga?

Regards
Jon

Jon Hveding

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 17:00

Hello Jon,
Thanks for you reaction. Yes, jetty is the right english word.

Can you tell me were is the Mack bryggeri? I gess it is a bridge. I could’nt find it with googlemaps.
Regards from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Terje S Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 20:09

ulrich wrote:Hello Jon,
Thanks for you reaction. Yes, jetty is the right english word.

Can you tell me were is the Mack bryggeri? I gess it is a bridge. I could’nt find it with googlemaps.
Regards from
Ulrich
Jada jeg kan godt fortelle deg hvor Mack bryggeri ligger. Det ligger i Storgata 1, rett på oversiden av Sørsjetèen (der forøvrig det står en tysk bunkers den dag i dag helt ytterst) Og det er heller ikke noe bru i området fordi det hevrken er eller har vært noen elv på Tromsøya, forøvrig sto Tromsøbrua ferdig i 1961, så den er det ikke. Og grunnen til at jeg svarer deg på norsk, er at jeg føler at jeg kaster bort en djevelsk masse tid på dette tullet ditt. Jeg har svart deg på spørsmålet om hvor Gestapos hovedkvarter i Tromsø lå, jeg har svart deg på spørsmål om den gaten som går fra havnen og oppover mot Kongsbakken videregående, jeg har svart deg på spørsmålet om den turnhallen, jeg har t.o.m lagt ved 2 linker med kart,der det tydelig fremgår hvor i Bankgata Gestapo holdt hus samt oversikt over hvor turnhallen lå. Kanskje min begrensede skoleengelsk ikke holder mål for deg, for du spør og graver i øst og vest uten å komme med en eneste kommentar til mitt tilsvar.
Så får eventuelt noen andre oversette og videreformidle mine opplysninger,for jeg gir f** i å hjelpe noen som tydeligvis ikke evner å lese hva jeg skriver.

Terje S

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 21:20

Hallo Terje,
“verdomt, ik begin een betje noors te snappen” this was netherlands. (damm it, I am starting to understand some norway language). A friend of my told me today: you have to learn to read norwaygian. Thats the reason I am now trying too learn.

I understand a little bit of your writing, you are asking for help to tell about the location Mack bryggeri laying in Storgata 1, on the other side of Sørsjetèen. …………….
I understand your english message and I have received your 2 maps of the town Tromsö. Therefore don’t worry, I wil check it out, but it only wil cost some time (two month I think). So nobody is need to tell your story again.

I am indeed interested in the story about the Gestapo hovedkvarter i Tromsø.

Sorry, my writing english is very bad but I am able to read it. I’s because I have always been trying to understand Netherlands en German perfectly.

My last reaction was because of Jon’s message. I did’nt found Mack bryggeri. My problem maybee is: I want to know too mutch and I ask too mutch.

Don’t worry
Regards from
Ulrich

ulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down