Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwegian Army, Cairgorm Mountains, Summer 1944

Go down

Norwegian Army, Cairgorm Mountains, Summer 1944 Empty Norwegian Army, Cairgorm Mountains, Summer 1944

Post  Stany Tue 2 Feb 2010 - 9:29

I wish to contact the very fine Norwegian Army doctor who saved my life in 1944, to say "Many thanks". I was a small boy of 7 years at the time. Our family had visited the Norwegian Army training at Glen More Lodge, on Loch Morlich, near Aviemore, Scotland, during that summer (1944). As children, we played with the Norwegians' canoes. On returning to Aviemore, I had a dreadful accident on my bycycle, and I was very seriously injured in the head, and very nearly killed.

Very fortunately, a Norwegian Army ambulance, with a doctor, was following close behind, and that doctor saved my life, with the ambulance taking me to Inverness Hospital. I regained consciousness 3 days later.

Does anybody know that fine Norwegian doctor, and how can I contact him to thank him? I shall be visiting Norway in June, and if he is still alive, I would dearly like to meet him.

Thank you, Norwegian Army!

Stany

Stany

Back to top Go down