Norway during ww2 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwegian Army 6th Division

2 posters

Go down

Norwegian Army 6th Division Empty Norwegian Army 6th Division

Post  Bob Pearson Thu 15 Dec 2011 - 11:05

Whilst researching Patrick Dalzel-Job, I have come across a statement that says that PDJ skied with the 6th Division - not all at once of course! This probably happened during the winter of 1938/39.

Does anyone know why this would have been allowed to happen? Would it be unusual for this to have occurred or did civilians often ski with elements of the army?

if anyone can throw some light on the above then I warmly welcome their comments.

Kind regards,

Bob
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Army 6th Division Empty Re: Norwegian Army 6th Division

Post  kaii Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:43

Bob,
I would imagine the only way this could happen is if he had personal contacts/friends that would allow him to take part. Now, it does not say whether he took part in manouvres or whether he "just" skied with some of the soldiers/officers from the 6th Div. The first would be unusual, the latter would be quite common place if he had a personal relationship to any of them.

Not much help I suppose...

Kai

kaii

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Army 6th Division Empty 6th Div

Post  Bob Pearson Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 0:00

Hi Kaii,

many thanks for the reply. There's been quite a bit of work on this but as yet no real result. I have been reliably informed by a historian that records of that period were lost in a fire during the 1970s, so i would think the chances of anything official being found is a little remote, but what you have written is very plausible and a good an answer as any. The invite to ski appears to be official as when Dalzel-Job applied for RNVR he added that the Officer Commanding of the ski school would write a letter of reference that he had skied with them. This reference was never taken uip as far as I know.

Thanks again & kind regards

Bob
Bob Pearson
Bob Pearson

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Army 6th Division Empty Re: Norwegian Army 6th Division

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down